Wprowadzenie do IMS
Participants attending this course will be given a survey of the architecture of UMTS Core Network’ s IMS – the IP-Multimedia Core Network Subsystem, in the relation to Circuit and Packet Switched subsystems. The course begins with the architecture of the UMTS core network evolution going through Release 99, Release 4 towards Release 5 where the IMS was introduced. IMS protocols, SIP and SDP, will be presented. This one-day training additionally explains Quality of Service architecture together with examples of traffic cases.
Those requiring an appreciation of the IP-Multimedia Core Network Subsystem, its architecture, principles and IMS protocols with examples of traffic cases. The course is addressed to a technical staff as well as to Customer Support Representatives and Consultants.
Prior to attending this event, the participants should already have an understanding of the UMTS principles and a basic knowledge on architecture of cellular network concepts.
• What this is all about?
• 3GPP R5: Network Architecture
2. IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
3. IMS Nodes and Functionality
• Call Session Control Function (CSCF)
– P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF
• HSS & SLF
– SLF & HSS Message Flow
• Media Resource Function (MRF)
– MRF Message Flow
• MGCF & MGW
– IMS to GSTN Call Setup
• Breakout Gateway Control Function (BGCF)
– BGCF Message Flow
• Application Servers (ASs
– Subscription to Event in AS
4. Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
5. Session Description Protocol (SDP)
6. Traffic Cases
• P-CSCF Discovery
• IMS Registration
• IMS Session Set-up
7. IMS Services
• Rich Communications Suite (RCS)