UMTS: Evolution from 2G to 3G
UMTS: Migracja z 2G do 3G
This training event presents the technological perspective of migration from 2G systems deploying GSM/GPRS/EDGE standards to 3G represented by WCDMA/HSxPA standards. Among different aspects of a mobile systems major pressure is put on network architecture including radio access and core network.
Anyone willin g to understand the differences between 2G and 3G systems and the way they can coexist in telecoms environment.
Ability to understand technical subjects. Prior knowledge of mobile systems would a be an advantage when attending the course.
• What is it all about?
• History of Cellular Networks.
2. Radio Access Evolution
• GERAN Architecture
• UTRAN Architecture
3. Evolution of GSM Core Network
• Circuit Switched (CS) Domain
• Packet Switched (PS) Domain Nodes
• Common CS and PS Domainsâ Nodes
4. UMTS Network Architecture
5. UMTS Specificationsâ Releases
6. R99: General Network Architecture
• Radio Access Methods
• WCDMA – Spreading
• Power Control
• General Network Architecture (2)
7. R4: MSC Server and Media Gateway
8. R5: Network Architecture
• IP-Multimedia CN Subsystem (IMS)
• High Speed Downlink Packet Access
9. R7: HSPA+
10. Evolution of Services
• Basic Services
• WAP â WML and Internet
• Open Service Access
• Virtual Home Environment
• Rich Communication Suite
11. R8: Evolved Packet System (EPS)
12. R10: Towards 4G
13. UMTS Terminal Architecture
• UICC, USIM and Terminals