IBM BladeCenter H Workshop – xtr33gpl
Duration: 1 Days
This course is developed and owned by Lenovo.
IBM solely provides a market place to advertise the courses on our external websites, ibm.com/training and lists the Provider who owns the content.
This course builds on the skills gained from the IBM BladeCenter Fundamentals (XTR30) course, which focused on BladeCenter chassis servers, how they communicate with each other, and their redundancy. This one day class builds on those skills by placing emphasis on the BladeCenter H: Its unique components, power and cooling, midplane connections, and systems management. The next topic explains the high-speed connectivity infrastructure and the available options. IBM Fabric Manager (IFM) is discussed to help you get the most from your I/O followed by showing the sequence of events in a blade failover and recovery. The last topic covers important elements that are related to installation and the associated tools. The lab environment includes the BladeCenter H environment overview and IFM.
- List the different components of BladeCenter H
- Describe the high-level architecture of a BladeCenter H
- Describe the power domains configuration in the BCH chassis
- List the cooling components in a BCH
- Describe management features of the BladeCenter H
- Understand the network connectivity of BladeCenter H
- List the various Ethernet switch modules and expansion cards
- List the features of Virtual Fabric technology
- List the various storage switch modules and expansion cards
- List the features of FCoE technology
- List the features implemented in the IBM Fabric Manager (IFM)
- Understand the IBM Fabric Manager configuration steps
- Configure IBM Fabric Manager for IBM BladeCenter
- List the basic questions to ask in preparation form and IBM BladeCenter H installation
- List the power considerations for the IBM BladeCenter H
- Match power requirements to connection options
- Describe and list the cooling requirements for the IBM BladeCenter H
- List the problem determinations tools available
This is an intermediate course for those individuals that are involved in the planning, installation, configuration, and upgrading of IBM BladeCenter H.
The prerequisite for this course is: IBM BladeCenter Fundamentals (XTR30)
- Unit 1: IBM BladeCenter H components and architecture
- Unit 2: BladeCenter H connectivity options
- Unit 3: IBM Fabric Manager
- Unit 4: Installation consideration and tools
- Exercise 1: Identify the BladeCenter environment
- Exercise 2: IBM Fabric Manager