IBM Cognos Planning Explore and Contribute to Plans (V8.4 10.1) – p8103gwpl
Course #: p8103gwpl
Duration: 6.4 Hours
IBM Cognos WBTs are interactive multimedia modules that are intuitive and instructionally sound. Through visual content and audio, product demonstrations, hands-on learning activities, and simulation-based assessments and quizzes, the modules guide the students to mastering an IBM Cognos application.
The IBM Cognos Planning: Explore and Contribute to Plans (V10.1) WBT provides you with a solid understanding of the Planning Contributor Web application. At the end of the course, you will be able to access and navigate your corporate Contributor Workflow application, know how to efficiently enter data into the Web grid and how to save and submit the data. You will learn about the planner and the reviewer roles in Planning Contributor, how to manage workflow, and how to take the grid offline. You will also learn how to import data to the grid and export data to Excel.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
This basic course is for Contributors.
You should have:
- Knowledge of your organization's data and structure
- Experience using a Web browser
Introduction to the IBM Cognos Planning Solution
- Describe IBM Cognos Planning
- Identify the components of IBM Cognos Planning
- Identify the roles in the IBM Cognos Planning process
- Describe the IBM Cognos Planning process flow
Fundamentals of the Contributor Workflow Screen
- Describe IBM Cognos Connection
- Identify the elements on the Contributor Workflow screen
Enter Data in the Contributor Grid
- Describe the Contributor grid
- Identify the data entry process
- View, load, and submit data in the Contributor grid
Participate in Plans
- Examine the planning process
- Identify the workflow states
- Take ownership from another user
- Work offline
Import and Export Data
- Export data to Excel workbooks
- Import data using system links
- Import data from external sources using local links
Use the Contributor Add-in for Excel
- Identify the features of the Contributor Add-in for Excel
- Enter Contributor data in Excel
- View Contributor data in Excel
- Submit ad review Contributor data in Excel