Managing IBM PureApplication System V2.1 Resources – wx918gpl
Duration: 1 Days
This course provides system administrators and operations staff with the information and experience that they need to manage IBM PureApplication System.
The course explains how to administer, secure, monitor, and maintain IBM PureApplication System. It covers administrative functions that are available from the console and the command-line interface.
Demonstrations throughout the course show you how concepts that are described during lectures work in a PureApplication System environment. The demonstration environment for this course uses the Windows operating system.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use the console to manage the hardware, including compute and management nodes and storage and network devices
- Manage security in IBM PureApplication System by managing user accounts and the associated permissions
- Manage instances:
- Run operations
- View monitoring
- Monitor the hardware infrastructure from the console
- View and configure reports that are available from the console
- Use the shared monitoring service and the PureApplication System agent for monitoring
- Use the command-line interface to complete administrative
This course is designed for technical professionals who are responsible for administering, operating, and managing IBM PureApplication System.
Before taking this course, you should have a general knowledge of virtualization and hypervisors.
Managing hardware resources
Demonstration: Managing hardware resources
Managing PureApplication System security
Monitoring and reporting
Command-line interface administration
Demonstration: Command-line interface administration
Demonstration: Problem determination