2G/GSM to 4G/LTE Evolution
Kategoria: Mobile networks 2G, 3G and 4G
Ewolucja sieci od 2G/GSM, przez 3G (WCDMA, HSxPA) do 4G/LTE
This training event presents the evolutional path of mobile systems starting with 2G systems (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) th rough 3G systems (WCDMA, HSxPA) to LTE and 4G standards following 3GPP documentation and real world implementations. Among different aspects of a mobile systems major pressure is put on network architecture including radio access and core network. Additionally, the course also covers evolution of services.
Anyone willing to understand the differe nces between 2G,3G and 4G systems and the way they can coexist in telecoms environment providing high speed mobile access to diversified services.
Ability to understand technical subjects. Prior knowledge of mobile systems would a be an advantage when attending the course.
1. Introduction to Mobile Networks
• What is it all about?
• History of cellular networks.
2. 2G and 3G Network Architecture
• GSM/EDGE Radio Access Network (GERAN) Architecture
• UMTS Terrestrial Access Network (UTRAN) Architecture
• Core Network Architecture
– Circuit Switched (CS) Domain
– Packet Switched (PS) Domain Nodes
– Common CS and PS Domainsâ Nodes
3. 3GPP Specificationsâ Releases
4. Evolution towards 4G Networks
• R99: General Network Architecture
– Radio Access Methods
– WCDMA – Spreading
– Power Control
• R4: MSC Server and Media Gateway
• R5/R6: Network Architecture
– IP-Multimedia CN Subsystem (IMS)
– High Speed Downlink Packet Access
• R7: HSPA+
– Long Term Evolution (LTE)
– Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA)
– E-UTRAN Architecture
– Evolved Packet Core (EPC) Architecture
– Self Organizing Networks (SON)
5. Evolution of Services
• Basic Services
• WAP â WML and Internet
• Open Service Access
• Virtual Home Environment
• Rich Communication Suite
6. R10: LTE-Advanced – 4G Systems