IBM ICM: Advanced Configuration (V8.0) – SPVC – 1r071pl
Duration: 2 Days
IBM ICM: Advanced Configuration (v8.0/v8.1) focuses on important concepts that prepare you for a successful configuration. During the course, students will review the current state of the model, learn how to effectively use the time table and the date string tables in calculations, and how to use multiple calendars. Students will learn about elements of the Standard Build Framework including attributes, components and feeds, when to use the attributes approach to model design, and how to create port to feed data out of a component. The first part of the course ends with coverage of advanced calculation techniques and how to use consolidated outbound ports and the second part covers installation and configuration concepts, how to configure web client security and how to configure admin client security.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Please refer to course overview for description information.
This advanced course is for students who are ready to learn advanced configuration techniques.
You should have completed:
- Course titled "IBM ICM: Introduction to Discovery (V8.0)"
- Course titled "IBM ICM: Fundamentals of Configuration (V8.0)"
You should have experience using Windows and Microsoft Excel.
- Work with the Time table
- Work with the Date String table
- Understand the concepts of the Standard Build Framework
- Understand the Base Model
- Understand the Attribute Approach
- Use the Attributes table to attach an attribute meta data label to a calculation
- Create a consolidated outbound calculation using a union calculation
- Create inbound and outbound ports
- Reorganized calculation connections
- Rename a port
- Delete inbound and outbound ports
- Use a Category calculation
- Use a Sort calculation
- Use an Accumulated Partition
- Use the PREV() function in a calculation
- Make modifications to the service configuration file to enable unicode and other settings