IBM Interact Building Interactive Campaigns 9.x – 9u04gspl
Duration: 1 Days
This course provides a thorough introduction to IBM Interact which is used to build interactive marketing campaigns. Topics covered in detail include configuring an interactive channel, building interactive flowcharts, and configuring strategies and treatment rules. Other topics include deployment, Interact learning models, and reporting.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Explain in general terms how IBM Interact works
- Identify the IBM Interact Development Phases
- Define IBM Interact key concepts
- Create Interactive Channels
- Create Interaction Points
- Create Event and Event Patterns
- Create Interactive Flowcharts using Interact Processes
- Create Offers
- Create Treatment Rules
- Deploy an Interactive Configuration
- Create Learning Models
- Explain the basic concept of the Interact Environment
- Explain the purpose of the Interact reports
- Access the user documentation
This intermediate course is intended for people who will be using IBM Interact to build real-time interactions.
You should have general knowledge of database marketing and IBM Campaign.
- Course Overview
- Introduction to IBM Interact
- Interactive Channels
- Interaction Points
- Events and Events Patterns
- Interactive Flowcharts
- Treatment Rules
- Learning Models
- User Documentation and Help