IBM PureData System for Analytics Administration – SPVC – 2w575gspl
Duration: 3 Days
Contains: PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course teaches participants advanced database administration skills for the IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) N1001, N2001 and N3001 appliances. This course is designed to give participants a working knowledge and understanding on IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) N1001, N2001 and N3001 appliance internals to optimize IBM PDA performance and tune system parameters. This course provides an overview of IBM PDA administration and analysis. It includes content and labs on the features introduced in NPS 7.2. The lab environment is an N2002-005 physical appliance.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
- Analyze Plan files
- Perform query analysis and troubleshooting
- Optimize data distributions
- Interact with advanced CLI commands
- Use nzsql and workload management:
- Detemine workload management requirements
- Make use of the System Management functionality
Database administrators, system administrators, application developers, and data warehouse architects.
Participants are required to have a working knowledge of UNIX or Linux, experience with shell scripting, experience with VI editing, and basic SQL.
Participants are required to have successfully completed the IBM PureData System for Analytics Appliance Usage course and have practical experience
administering an IBM PureData System for Analytics appliance.
- High availability architecture
- DBOS internals and system log files
- nzsql and scripting
- nzevents and event processing
- Optimizer and plan files
- Analyzing plan files using EXPLAIN
- Analyzing and optimizing plan performance
- Workload management
- System management and monitoring commands
- System management and monitoring administration GUIs
- Configuring query history
- Backup and restore
- Security including authenticating users with LDAP, SSL