Using the DataPower Gateway with the IBM API Connect Developer Toolkit – zd504gspl
Duration: 2.4 Hours
This course teaches the skills that are needed to create, assemble, and test APIs that use DataPower policies in API Connect.
There are no presentations in this course; it contains only hands-on lab exercises. You assemble APIs and test these APIs from the Developer Toolkit on a remote DataPower Gateway Docker image with the prerequisite software installed.
Student workstations for this course require connectivity to the internet. Students download the DataPower Gateway onto the course image during the exercises as a Docker image.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
- Use API Connect Developer Toolkit terminal commands
- Work with the API Designer graphical user interface of the Developer Toolkit
- Create a REST API by importing an OpenAPI definition file
- Implement an API assembly that calls a backend REST service
- Import a Web Services Description Language (WSDL) file into a SOAP API
- Implement an API assembly that calls a backend SOAP service
- Include DataPower policies in an API assembly
- Test API operations on the DataPower gateway from the API Designer
This course is designed for API developers who use the Developer Toolkit of the IBM API Connect product to define and test APIs on an embedded DataPower Gateway.
- You should understand the concepts of application programming interfaces (APIs), as described at https://developer.ibm.com/apiconnect/
- Some experience with the IBM API Connect Developer Toolkit is helpful.
- Some knowledge of Docker is helpful.
Exercise: Defining an API that calls a REST service with the Developer Toolkit DataPower gateway
Exercise: Defining an API that calls a SOAP service with the Developer Toolkit DataPower gateway