WebSphere Commerce Build and Deployment – 6g47gwpl
Duration: 2.4 Hours
This 2.5 hour web-based course is designed to introduce system administrators, awareness of the skills, and topics that they need to use for the WebSphere Commerce Build and Deployment (WCBD) tool available from IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 systems.
The skills that are developed in this course enable WebSphere Commerce system administrators to understand the procedures and functions of running the WCBD tool. It introduces the you to overall build and deployment processes such as the build procedure, how to customize the build process, and deployment procedure. The course describes the steps that are involved in publishing stores, and briefly explains the separation of stores modules from the WC ear.
A scenario-based sample demonstration that is provided, facilitate you to understand how to extract, and place the code in a local file system. Then, run the build command to prepare server build package, and run the deploy command to deploy the server package.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Explain the WebSphere Commerce Build and Deployment Tool
- Understand the build process to work with source configuration management (SCM) systems
- Describe configuring and running the deployment process
- Describe the managed asset deployment process
- Understand steps that are involved in custom asset deployment
- Understand the steps for publishing store archives
- Understand wsadmin tasks
This intermediate course is designed for system administrators who want to understand the procedures and functions of running WebSphere Commerce Build and Deployment (WCBD) tool available from IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 systems.
You should have experience with WebSphere Commerce, and should have the following skills:
- Basic database administration
- Basic web server administration
- Basic WebSphere Application Server administration
- Experience with Java EE and Java
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Basic knowledge on networking and server ports
- Experience with ANT scripts
The following topics will be covered during this course:
- Course Overview
- Overview of WebSphere Commerce Build and Deployment Tool
- Demonstration 1. Working with WebSphere Commerce Build and Deployment Tool
- Course Wrap up